Craft Corner Sessions for 2021
- Sunday 10 January . . . . . . virtual session - lino cutting - workshop Viv
- Sunday 7 February . . . . . . virtual session - any collage - workshop
- Sunday 7 March . . . . . . . . . virtual session - flowers and design work - a discussion
- Sunday 11 April . . . . . . . . . . . virtual session - Easter theme, collage or painting - workshop
- Sunday 2 May . . . . . . . . . . . virtual session - making paper flowers - workshop Viv
- Sunday 13 June . . . . . . . . . . indoors at club ! - free activity
- Saturday 3 July . . . . . . . . . . tba
- Sunday 1 August . . . . . . . . . tba
- Sunday 5 September . . . . .tba
- October - tba
- Sunday 7 November . . . . . Christmas cards theme + Angela's Angels - workshop Angela
- Sunday 5 December . . . . . Christmas wreath making - workshop Viv
Sessions are almost always held in the clubhouse from 13:00 to 15:00. For the latest details, always refer to the Programme.
If you have any queries, please contact Viv Rance.
. . .
The group meets throughout the year usually at the beginning of each month. The sessions are either a 'free activity' or a workshop led by a volunteer or an invited professional. Donations to cover tea and coffee are £1 for 'free activity' sessions and £2 for a workshop session to also cover the cost of materials. Any newcomers would be welcome.
At about the time that husband, Clive, was elected Commodore of Seafarers, Gill Dakin decided to organise some craft workshops. The first session was in April 2013 and for the following five years there was a Craft Corner session approximately once every month throughout the sailing season. By the end of the 2017 season there had been a total of 37 sessions enjoyed by a varied but enthusiastic clientele.
At the end of 2017, Gill Dakin decided to hand over the reins. Her initiative, and hard work, meant there was strong support for the Craft Corner to continue. Viv Rance, our Social Secretary, took over the role of organising the sessions.
A total of 70 sessions had taken place by the end of 2020. For a summary of these use the download option at the foot of this page or click here. Usually, photographs are taken and published in the Gallery.
During the disrupted year of 2020, we managed to hold 8 sessions - being a mixture of indoor or outdoor workshops, free activity sessions, and one virtual session.
Last updated 11:05 on 14 June 2021