Craft Corner Sessions for 2020
- Sunday 12 January . . . . Free Session - bring your own project
- Saturday 8 February. . . . Free Session - bring your own project
- Sunday 1 March . . . . . . . .workshop Kathy Warwick - Easter Cards
- Sunday 5 April. . . . . . . . . .cancelled
- Saturday 2 May . . . . . . . cancelled
- Sunday 7 June . . . . . . . . .TBD
- Sunday 5 July . . . . . . . . . workshop Angela and Viv - marbling - postponed
- Sunday 2 August . . . . . . .Rob Luckins - lino cutting - postponed
- Sunday 6 September. . . .TBD
- Saturday 10 October . . . .workshop Kathy Warwick - watercolour painting - indoors
- Saturday 31 October... . . John Hamon - Picasso eat your heart out - indoors
- Sunday 6 December . . . workshop Elaine Reed - painting and collage - tbc
Sessions are almost always held in the clubhouse from 13:00 to 15:00. For the latest details, always refer to the webpage for the event within the Social Programme/Craft Corners.
If you have any queries, please contact Viv Rance.
. . .
At about the time that husband, Clive, was elected Commodore of Seafarers, Gill Dakin decided to organise some craft workshops. The first session was in April 2013 and for the following five years there was a Craft Corner session approximately once every month throughout the sailing season. By the end of the 2017 season there had been a total of 37 sessions enjoyed by a varied but enthusiastic clientele.
At the end of 2017, Gill Dakin decided to hand over the reins. Her initiative, and hard work, meant there was strong support for the Craft Corner to continue. Viv Rance, our Social Secretary, took over the role of organising the sessions.
The group now meets thoughout the year usually at the beginning of each month. The sessions are either a 'free activity' or a workshop led by a volunteer or an invited professional. Donations to cover tea and coffee are £1 for 'free activity' sessions and £2 for a workshop session to also cover the cost of materials.
A total of 62 sessions had taken place by the end of 2019. For a summary of these use the download option at the foot of this page or click here. Occasionally photographs are taken. The pictures below were taken at Craft Corner sessions in 2019.
. . .
. . .
Last updated 15:25 on 3 May 2021