The Coffee Morning scheduled for 28 May 2021 is to take place after England has hopefully achieved Step 3 of the Government's Covid-recovery "roadmap" (here). This step, due to begin on or after 17 May 2021, is when indoor hospitality is first permitted but social distancing and the Rule of Six still apply.
Subject to a number of constraints, it should, therefore, be possible to have a coffee morning inside the clubhouse with on-site brewing for the first time in over a year. To add to the sense of euphoria, the service will be provided by our Barista A-team comprising:
Heather and Joe Kennedy .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. Trudy and Robert Day
Full guidance notes for attendees and the Baristas are available (here). For attendees, the highlights are as follows:
- The clubhouse will be open for members who wish to take part in coffee morning from 11:00 to 12:30 on Friday 28 May 2021.
- Individual members visiting the Club are required to 'Check-in' via the NHS Track and Trace App (using the QR code that is widely displayed) or by completing the SSC Covid-19 Visitors log, providing their name and contact details. Failure to do this could result in the Club being fined.
- All attendees, whether sitting in the lounge or on the patio are to use the hand sanitiser on arrival.
- To provide adequate natural ventilation all window shutters are to be raised, at least one opening of each window must be open, and the patio and wet room doors are to remain open
- Volunteer staff are required to wear a face covering at all times.
- Members entering the clubhouse are required to wear a face covering until seated at a table.
- A one way system will be in place for those members wishing to use the lounge. Entry into the lounge will only be via the wet room and exit from the lounge will only be via the patio doors.
- Only volunteer staff are allowed in the kitchen.
- Three tables will be set up in the lounge and three more on the patio. Drinks and biscuits will be delivered to the tables by volunteer staff. Drinks and biscuits can only be consumed when sitting at one of these tables.
- Current social distancing guidelines and the Rule of Six/Two Households are to be observed. Interaction between groups is not permitted.
- Participants will be invited to place precisely 50p per person in cash (no change will be available) into a container provided for this purpose. This will be in the lounge but will be offered to the patio tables by one of the volunteer staff. The volunteer staff will record the names of any participants who are unable to pay and pass this to the Club's Barista-in-Chief for subsequent debt collection.
- The family/disabled toilet is available for use. Care should be taken when moving around the clubhouse to avoid volunteer staff and other toilet users. A face covering must be worn and the one way system followed.
- All furniture (chairs and tables) is to be wiped down and returned to the wet room by members on completion of their visit.
- Any disposable cups, plates, cutlery and wrappers are to be responsibly disposed of by using the recycling bins outside of the compound or by taking them home.
Last updated 10:48am on 28 April 2021