Virtual Macmillan Coffee Morning
Change from BYO to Virtual
The Coffee Morning this Friday is to be a "Virtual" get together instead of a Bring Your Own (BYO) event in the compound, Amongst the reasons for this change are:
- It might not be too pleasant or convenient to sit outside as the weather currently forecast for Friday morning is cool and very windy.
- Although the Rule of Six, which is now legally enforceable, does not prevent us holding a BYO coffee morning, it could make it a less-sociable experience.
- The increasing prevalence of COVID-19 may make some of you prefer to avoid social contact
Macmillan Cancer - Donating
In keeping with tradition, this coffee morning will be part of Macmillan Cancer's worldwide annual event. Last year, helped by gift-aiding, we raised almost £150 for Macmillan Cancer. With your help, this year we'll do better. Whether you "attend" on Friday or not, you can make a donation via our Donations page.
- Click on the link (the picture above or here)
- Set the amount you wish to donate - this can be any amount (minimum 30 pence)
- Select payment method. On some platforms "Card Payment" is the only option. Others will offer "Donate" leading to Google Pay, etc.
- Enter your email address so that you can be sent an acknowledgement of receipt
- Complete the payment details
- If eligible and willing, complete the Gift Aid section
- Click on "View Total Raised" to see the Club's total donation to date
Attending - 'Zoom'
Those attending will do so using Zoom video conferencing. It will be just like the virtual coffee mornings run from April to July. All members were sent an email on Wednesday 23 September which included the links to enable them to take part.
If you are new to Zoom video conferencing, you may find "Introduction to Zoom" helpful. Alternatively, go to the Zoom Users & Participants help page where you will find answers to most questions and access to some useful videos.
September 2016 - Bakers in pre-COVID Days
Last updated 9:16am on 24 September 2020